Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Great observations! The writing was on the wall when Microsoft gave the following guidance that acknowledged redundancy, "By default, users can run Teams alongside Skype for Business as two separate solutions that deliver similar and overlapping capabilities such as presence, chat, calling, and meetings." Thus, they are cannibalizing an unnecessary appendage, and clearly have some confidence that their new solution will be good enough to retain those customers. [I agree 100% that Skype for Business was/is terrible, even regular Skype works better IMHO].

I'm more worried that the description of Teams as having "presence, chat, calling, and meetings" significantly overlaps the goals that Zoom's CEO has spoken of, basically minimizing the effects of distance on business. I haven't yet used Teams yet but it sounds like it's time to start doing some research.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.