Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
In today's marketplace section, the personal tech column covered the essentials of buying a PC, and they listed most of the "key specs to look for when PC shopping." Here's the list:

Processor
Memory
L2 Cache
Hard Disk
Modem
Audio
CD-Rom Drive
USB
Zip Drive

It says NOTHING about Iomega, and the way it's written, it gives the impression that Zip is a catchall for all the "large capacity floppy disk(s)"

EXCELLENT!

LeHoosier
Print the post Back To Top
Why is this a great plug for Iomega? I'm brand new to this board and would like to learn more about Iomega.

Womponga asks:

<<Why is this a great plug for Iomega? I'm brand new to this board and would like to
learn more about Iomega.>>

What the poster probably meant is that seeing "Zip Drive" included in a list of most valuable computer components indicates that Iomega's premier product may be on the way to becoming a standard inclusion in more PCs as consumer awareness increases over the need for larger removable disk storage.

TMF Jeanie
t says NOTHING about Iomega, and the way it's written, it gives the impression that Zip is a
catchall for all the "large capacity floppy disk(s)"

EXCELLENT!
------------------------------------
Just bought myself a scanner today and in reading how to hook it up it mentions what to do if you have a Zip
drive, and in another area mentions the Iomega Zip drive! WAY TO GO!

Ima
Thanks, Jeanie.

When you need to blow your nose, do you ask for a facial tissue? No, you ask for a Kleenex. When you need to be able to store large files, do you ask for a high capacity removable disc drive? No, you ask for a Zip.
i use my wife's shirt sleeve.