No. of Recommendations: 0
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
This is truly a "penny stock"! Yesterday's closing price $0.03/share. Danger, Will Robinson! Danger! Danger!

Seriously, they sound like their hearts are in the right place. And, if they can execute their strategy, they may turn out to be a great company. But that is a mighty big "if". Their website shows that they are thinking big, but it also suggests that they are trying to accomplish too many things at the same time.

I would put them on my watch list, and if the stock price gets above $2, I would do additional research. There are just too many legitimate "green" companies to research all of them. Yes, you might lose the chance to buy ten thousand shares for just $300. But you are more likely to make a good return on your $300 dollars by buying 2 shares of ISRG or 10 shares of STP, if you really want to put your investment dollars into socially-conscious growth stocks.
No. of Recommendations: 4
My problem with Greenshift is that it is so unfocused; the CEO creates a company almost monthly, it seems. That lack of focus, and not being sure where some of the money is coming from, makes me leary until I can find more. And finding more here is difficult.

jp
To borrow a line from the movie Jerry McGuire: "Show me the money!" The website is full of great ideas--it seems to hit most of the alternative energy themes--but there is nothing there to convince me that anyone in the company has any idea how to make money. That's why I recommended putting it on a watchlist. Some websites will let you set target prices, and will e-mail you when (if) the company ever hits the price. In most instances I use these alerts to tell me if a company falls below a target price, so that I can buy shares "on sale"--but I put GSHF on my list with a target of $2. If it ever gets there I will re-evaluate.
Just re-read my previous post--I should have said "some financial websites will let you set target prices". Marketwatch & Smartmoney.com both do that.
Please note that these are not contracts they announced, but letters of intent. When I say "Show me the money", I mean "Show me that the company can execute". Between "letters of intent" and execution there is quite a bit of distance.
I truly hope they deliver all that they promise & that the company has a wonderful future. It would benefit all of us, I am sure. However, for now, I am skeptical.
This is a penny stiock scam.

low pricd and with a green name, perfect to scam newbie investors
I am not skepitical,, it is a scam.

I forwarded this info to enforcement@sec.gov
No. of Recommendations: 2
"I am not skepitical,, it is a scam."

Subject: Re: Re: GreenShift Corporation (GSHF)

Hmmm, sounds like maybe the "i" in GreenShift should have been an "a"....

Regards, Ken