No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Afaloc, and welcome. You asked:

<<My wife is self-employed. Instead of buying mutual funds and making a tax-deductable contribution
to her SEP/IRA as she does now at the end of the year, she wants to use the Foolish Four approach.
Is there an available vehicle that she could use that would qualify the funds used to buy into the
Foolish Four as tax deductable? >>

Sure. All she has to do is make her annual SEP contribution in a SEP-IRA she sets up with a broker of her choice. Nothing says she can't do that. On doing so, she may leave her existing account in the fund(s) or have all that money transferred to the brokerage account. Any broker will help her to set up the account and to transfer any funds should she so desire.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.