Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, BeauJester, and welcome.

<<1) Do IRS regulations permit trading costs to be billed to an investor, rather than be charged to the IRA?
2) If the answer to 1 is "Yes", are there brokers that are willing to do this?>>

They do not and cannot. The trading costs must be borne within the IRA. And when it comes to the Foolish Four, in the first year you will probably have four going in and two buy and sell at the anniversary for another four. After that, it should stabilize at about four trades per year. So at $2K paying $10, that comes to about 4% in the first year. In the second year (assuming you add $2K), it will be about 1% at worst. The only bad year is the first. I'd bite that bullet.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.