Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Bnmwarren, and welcome. You wrote:

<<I have an existing Roth with janus twenty. I am thinking about starting a Foolish Four portfolio with that IRA. How do I desiginate the stocks? I went to the E-Trade site and couldn't find the info I was looking for. Also, are the dividends reinvested? Do I adjust the contribuitions by the dividend yeald? When I update the stocks every 18 months do I have to designate the new stocks as Roth? I have twenty-one years before I would be able to make tax-free withdrawls. Would an index fund be better?>>

With all due respect, it sounds to me as if you don't have a handle on FF investing as of this moment. For that reason, I highly recommend you go to the Foolish Four area at http://www.fool.com/DDow/FoolishFourExplained.htm and do some reading before you do anything else. After you do so, you will see most of your questions will be answered. IMHO, you shouldn't invest in anything until you have a very clear understanding of what you are doing. It just seems to me you don't have that understanding about the Foolish Four yet.

Regards..Pixy
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.