Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, BVH, and welcome. You asked:

<<Is there a way to invest 10,000 dollars, using the Foolish Four method, tax deferred? I already have an IRA. I am 55 and married. I retired from education 3 years ago. >>

The only way you can do that is within a self-directed IRA or within a qualfied retirement plan provided by an employer that includes a self-directed investment option. If the money you're talking about is already in an IRA, then all you have to do is move it to a self-directed IRA with a broker of your choice; however, if that $10K is money outside an IRA, then there's no way you can do what you wish. IRA contributions are limited to $2K per year from earned compensation (i.e., job wages). If you're retired and not working, then you cannot contribute to an IRA anyway.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.