No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Camilo, and welcome. You asked:

Question 1) The only IRA we can each invest in is a nondeductible traditional IRA as I understand it. Is that right?

Question 2) I can roll over my old 403B into a traditional IRA but I can't then convert it to a Roth IRA. Is that right?

Given your stated joint earned income, the fact you both participate in qualified retirement plans at work, assuming you are both younger than age 70 1/2, that you will file jointly, and given your projected joint ajusted gross income, the answer to both of your questions is an unqualified "yes." For further details on contributions and rollovers to IRAs, see our extensive IRA area at and IRS Publication 590 (Individual Retirement Arrangements) available for download at

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.