No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Danscott, and welcome. You asked:

<<Next year, I anticipate only self-employment income (and a pension). Can I contribute to both a Roth/traditional IRA and an SEP? Or only the SEP? Are there any either/or restrictions or is each type of IRA a stand-alone decision?>>

You may contribute to both a SEP and a traditional or Roth IRA provided you meet the requirements for the IRA. If you use a traditional IRA, then the deductibility of the contribution depends on your adjusted gross income and filing status. If nondeductible, then almost certainly a Roth is better assuming you meet the AGI limits for that.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.