Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Welcome to The Motley Fool Speaker's Corner Boards, we're glad you're here. This board was requested by the members of the Salt Lake Strat-O-Matic league.

This board is for the specific use of the members of the league. If you have found your way here by cruising the different Speaker's Corner Boards, we urge you to respect our wishes and not post.

This board was set up by me but with the express permission of our esteemed commissioner. Here are a few things you will need to know in order to use this board.

1. You will have to be a registered user of The Motley Fool. If you are not already registered, please follow this link to do so.

http://www.fool.com/community/register/register.asp?source=strrab

There are many benefits to being a member. If you so desire, as you sign up, take one of the freebie subscriptions, get an investing book, and sign up for some daily e-mail. When you sign up you will need your e-mail address and an idea of what you would like your username to be. The password will be e-mailed to you within minutes.

2. If you have questions about how to use the message boards, click the 'Help' link above. If, after checking the help area, you have additional questions, comments, or concerns, please drop me an e-mail or ask it right on the board.

3. All of the rules that you read when you registered apply as far as civility and posting manners.

4. There are some interesting things with using the message boards. If you like a particular post, you can click the recommend button. That let's the writer know his message was more special than the regular message. For instance, if someone posts a boxscore that details a special occurance you can "rec" the post letting them you know that you thought it was cool. Also, you can click the smiley face next to the person's name and that will make them one of your favorite fools.

5. Take a couple of minutes and fill out your profile. Here is mine as an example. http://boards.fool.com/Profile.asp?uid=31198697

In the next few posts I will demonstrate how you can post tables of stats, or box scores so that they look sleek and professional. Those of us who are already familiar with HTML have a head start on this but be aware that < i > , < b > , and < pre > will pretty much be the only tags we can use, though I believe < tt > also works.

That is it for now. I hope everybody has fun discussing almost anything you would like to discuss. Hot Stove league for real-life and ours, cool box scores, your teams newsletters, or whatever else. Hey, even an occasional investing, finance, or home budget question is fine. You are certainly welcome to post your completed trades here to the board, I will record it and occasionally, in one post, aggregate them all for you to see. I will also be posting the current rosters here rather than sending them out. Don't worry, there is a print option for posts if you want a hardcopy.

The only thing I will not or should not post here is private information like phone numbers and addresses. As this is a public forum, that wouldn't be kosher for any of us. Therefore, if you have a change of address, telephone number or e-mail address, send it to me privately and I will reciprocate with the aggregated list.

Once again, if you have any questions, ask away, even if they are stock, or finance related.

Roger
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.