No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, GeraldGarcia, and welcome. You asked:

<<Since no capital gains are paid on IRA investments, is it be possible to invest traditional IRA funds into tax-advantaged/tax-free securities to reduce/avoid paying tax on a traditional IRA to Roth IRA conversion?>>

You will not really avoid income taxes that way because you lose the tax advantage of those investments within the IRA. ANY gain in a traditional IRA regardless of source will be treated as and taxed as ordinary income when you withdraw that money in retirement or during a conversion to a Roth IRA.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.