Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Glennash, and welcome. You wrote:

<<My employer has recently ended a SIMPLE-IRA program and gone to a 401K. What can I do so I will be able to continue contributions to these funds. >>

After the account has been open for two years, you may move it to a traditional IRA or convert it to a Roth IRA to which you may make contributions. Until then, you just have to wait because if you try to move that money before two years are up, then you will be assessed a 25% penalty on the contents. In the interim, you may use the new 401k and make contributions to any other IRA.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.