No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, GPCarter, and welcome. You asked:

<<I have an IRA which is in my name only and am trying to determine whether I can convert it to a Roth IRA. I am married (file my taxes as married, filing jointly) and our joint income is over $100,000. Does anyone know whether I can convert my regular IRA to a Roth IRA?>>

Whether you are a joint or single filer, your Adjusted Gross Income must be $100K or less to be able to convert a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA. Accordingly, based on your description, you will be ineligible to convert your IRA.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.