No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Greigmcc, and welcome.

<<If you begin utilizing the roth ira and your income soon surpases the AGI cap (160,000 jointly) what happens? Can you have a conventional IRA that you contribute to from then on?>>

If you exceed the ceiling for a Roth IRA, then you can always go back to a regular, non-deductible, after-tax IRA. The contribution still comes out of your after-tax wages and the earnings still compound tax-deferred, but on withdrawal the earnings will be taxed at ordinary income tax rates in the year of withdrawal.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.