Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings,

I never saw the cartoon version. You didn't miss much in my opinion. In contains most of book I, added the battle of Helm's deep and the Meeting of the Ents from book II. Aragorn is an american Indian who runs around the wilderness in short pants.

I thought Aragorn was too superheroish. In the book, the attack at weathertop was with only a few Nazgul and it is believable that he drove
them off.

In the book only 5 are at Amon Sul, of which 2 hang back while the King of the Nazgul and 2 others advance. Thus Aragorn faces 3 Nazgul.

I was checking off the details as I watched the movie, and I don't recall that the movie shows all 9 at Amon Sul. But you may be right.

Is anymone planning to see the movie soon ? If so, count the nazgul in the scene.

In the book, I recall that Frodo left at the end invisible. Sam saw the boat moving away by itself and realised what was happening. However,
in the movie Frodo was visible.

Your right. If I recall, in the book when Sam jumps in the water, and Frodo finally turns around to fetch him, the dialogue reads" Take my Hand Sam (or something close) and Sam points out that he can't see it.

Cheers,
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.