Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, JoeyBeGood, and welcome. You wrote:

<<I'm an expatriate US citizen living and working in Japan. Under a foreign income exlucsion, my earnings at untaxed in the US, which also makes me ineligible for the Roth IRA. What sort of tax-advantaged investing can I take advantage of? >>

About all that's left to you is an after-tax annuity within which the earnings may grow tax-deferred. Around Fooldom, we don't think they meet the needs of most folks. However, they might in your case. To see if they do, check out our Annuity area at

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.