No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Leweaze, and welcome. You asked:

<<I work for a non-profit organization and will soon be opening a 403(b) account through Great West. I read that I might be able to transfer those funds to a 403(b)-7 account if I can find a custodian(?) to open one for me.

Is a custodian a discount brokerage? and do you know of any that do this? The discount brokerage that I'm thinking about using just told me they don't do this. Can Great West fight me on doing this? Would there be fees involved every time I transferred money (every 2 weeks)??? >>

Bear in mind you may invest in annuities and/or mutual funds only in a 403b plan. That means no individual securities like stocks and bonds. Many funds and some brokers will accept these accounts. Given the investment limitation, though, IMHO you'll find it less expensive to deal directly with a fund. Both Vanguard and Fidelity accept 403b(7) accounts.

As to fees, it's possible your current provider may assess some administrative fee. That's something you will have to discuss with your employer and with Great West.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.