Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Mabar2000, and welcome. You asked:

<<I am a US Citizen working abroad for 5 years now, at a foreing non-profit institution. Although in the past I had established retirement plans with previous employers(Prudential, annuity program, and a Vangard IRA rollover) I have not contributed to those and I do not have a current retirement plan with my present employer. Does somebody know if I would qualify for a Keogh or an H10 plan?. Would the contributions be tax deferred? .>>

If you have earned income (i.e., job wages) that you claim for income tax purposes (i.e., you have not excluded it as foreign job income), then you may make a deductible contribution of up to $2K annually to an IRA. However, you are not eligible for one of the self-employed programs like a Keogh, SEP or SIMPLE because you are not self-employed and the foreign entity for which you work may not establish such a plan for you.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.