No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Maddie1, and welcome. You asked:

<<my wife does not work outside the home anymore. can I contribute to her existing IRA? If so, how much per year?>>

Yes you may assuming you have a job and earn at least her maximum contribution of $2K per year, all of which will be fully deductible. For additional discussion, see the section on IRAs in my Foolish Retirement Plan Primer which you can find at .

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.