No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Mchapman and welcome. You asked:

<<I've run into a problem trying to open my wife's 403(b)(7) account with Vanguard. They are not willing to sign the "Hold Harmless" agreement required by the L. A. County Office of Education.

I wanted to open the account with Vanguard in order to invest in their index accounts. So, I would like to find another mutual fund company who will sign the agreement required by the school district. Maybe this is a long shot, and I will probably have to contact many companies, but does anyone have any advice?

Also, on a related note, this 403(b) plan is often put into a T.S.A. How do Fools view this investment vehicle?>>

Other than calling around to other funds/brokers who will sign that agreement, there's not much else you can do. As to a TSA, you'll find within Fooldom they are not held in the highest regard. Annuities just aren't the favored investment around here.


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.