No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings Rebecca,

I have a question. You mentioned there are similar funds from Aetna. I'm just wondering if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I think it may be a good thing in that you can research how well the company has done in the past. To some degree there should be the question of getting an idea of how much risk and consistency there is in the fund and so if you can investigate the manager of the fund this can help and since ING funds are managed by Aetna this helps in the research.

Needless to say this doesn't mean the funds themselves are good or bad, just that there is more data to work from in building an opinion.

You seemed to be writing that info for people who would know and I don't.

No, I was pointing out what was an interesting tidbit then. An update of that is that some of Aetna's funds have been renamed so that the Aetna Index Plus Large Cap I is ING Index Plus Large Cap I with the ticker of AELIX that you could look at some information on www.morningstar.com about the fund.

You're Welcome,
JB
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.