No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, RM, and welcome. You wrote:

<<I do not have a retirement plan through my employer. Last year I opened a Roth IRA and plan to contribute $2000 a year. My husband has PERS retirement plan through his employer. Can he open an IRA account in his name and contribute $2000 a year, too?>>

Yes, as long as your joint Adjusted Gross Income remains within the Roth contribution limits, then your hubby may also contribute to a Roth IRA of his own. He may also use a traditional IRA, and that may or may not be deductible depending on AGI. For details, see our IRA area at

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.