Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, TenBillion, and welcome. You asked:

<<previously i worked for a college/university for about 1.5 years, but now i work for a public school system. can i "catch-up" regarding the 1.5 years that i worked at a college but not did not contribute, and instead contribute that money which i neglected to do at the college to my 403b with the public school system?>>

The provisions for catch-up elections for 403b plan contributions can be found starting on page 9 of IRS Publication 571, Tax Sheltered Annuity Programs for Employees of Public Schools and Certain Tax-Exempt Organizations, available at Your Human Resources/Benefits Administrator should be able to tell you if you may use one of the three available elections to increase your contribution. I tend ot doubt it, but then that's not my area of expertise, either.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.