Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, trepanne, I have something of the scofflaw in myself and was just wondering what you'd come up with that perhaps I had not thought of! I think that if you had need of the proceeds, say, for investing in the business, then it makes complete sense to figure out how to access them to your own maximum tax advantage. What I had not envisioned (I just did not imagine it) is that you would indeed have a definite use for the money and you have given me something to think about. I am presently a salaried employee and not a small-business owner so sometimes I still do only think inside the box. But I also LOVE to hear about clever, legitimate, workable financial strategies that others divine. Thanks! I will also be posting a question to the board about what a crossover point might be at which the traditional 401(k) has more (or fewer) advantages than does the Roth 401(k).

xraymd
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.