Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Greg,
Looks like you and I may be the only long-term investors in ESTC on this board. No wonder the stock has not moved like the rest:)
I agree it was a very positive EC. If you noticed ever since Ddog came on the scene, the market has not given ESTC a reasonable valuation based on its growth. I get the feeling the market has decided that Ddog is the Gorilla vs ESTC's chimp. I am not sure if you saw my message to Ronjon. Love to hear your thoughts on this:

Good to see your post. We have exchanged posts about Ddog and ESTC in the past. These companies seem to be competing more and more and each of their advantages. ESTC had a great EC yesterday, no slow down in Q2 vs Q1 (both at 43%) vs 53% in Q4. They listed several large customers like VW, Cisco, many spending over $1M. My question for you specifically is this - Can a company be a customer to both Elastic and Datadog at the same time? Say using Elastic for search and Datadog for observability? What does it do to Elastic's mantra that a single unified platform for search, observability, security offers the most benefit for developers? As Elastic offerings improve that can become an intriguing option.

FWIW I have a slightly higher position in Datadog than ESTC. But until the market starts believing in ESTC its SP is likely to underperform IMHO.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.