Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
Bond guru Bill Gross, whose meteoric rise and enviable career as the fixed-income oracle has been built on the back of falling US Treasury yields, is calling today as the official end of the 25-year bond bull market.

The following tweet just came out this morning:

Gross: Bond bear market confirmed today. 25 year long-term trendlines broken in 5yr and 10yr maturity Treasuries."

https://twitter.com/JHIAdvisorsUS/status/950758850860208128

It may be a false alarm, since the current most popular bond guru (and my personal favorite) Jeff Gundlach, has been signaling an end to the bond bull for a while.

Still, when Bill Gross says it's over, its very nearly over - and that is sufficient information for me to step up my plans for replacing my bond positions with something else.

'Hound
Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.