Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
posted for whatever inspiration you want

Before your read further, what is your impression of Denny's Restaurant?
Cramer mentions DENN.
- I briefly look at it
- who cares about it - who loves that restaurant; nobody

BUT

-3 year CFFO at 191157, Capex only 54480, Net Sales of Units -13221, Dividends and buybacks 82715
- repeat that - net CFFO is 191157 with net CapEx at 41259
- they are selling units - capex has been going down but they are doing a lot of remodels
- NOLs - significant - current deferred tax asset of 24108, noncurrent at 17620, and not all is in these; which explains why the CFFO is higher than NI + DA
- trailing Ni + DA is 56m but TTM CFFO is 72m; if you aren't paying attention to the BS or cash flow statement or you 'screen't this w/a PE as a primary number, you'll miss it

Stock is 1b or so. BS is ok but with net debt.

--

I'm not recommending you buy this
but what is your initial impression of.....

**************DENNY's*****************

Bet it isn't great
And you probably wouldn't look at it
Neither would I
Grubby little stock

But boy you can learn a lot by just forcing yourself to scan the 10K BS, IS, and esp the CF statement
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.