Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
If you were to read only what the media is saying about these games, you would think these sportswriters were grumpy about having to go to Italy to cover the games. I have never read so much complaining and grumbling about a games.

There is a lot of press about Bode Miller, Shani Davis, etc.. Some complaining, some trying to cover their initial dismay about Shani not racing in the team event.

Then there is there is the controversial remarks Bryant Gumbel.

You know what? Send some media who actually likes to go to the Olympics. I'll volunteer. I can be critical, and still have fun at the job.

For starters I would give the US a break on the medal thing. Who the heck cares if we have more medals than anyone? We aren't even the best in winter sports. Plus when you deal with elements like ice and snow, things happen. I am tired of the grumbling by the press. Poor babies - they get an expensed trip to Italy, and they have to cover sports. Give me that hell any day. Could be worse, these folks could go to Iraq, and risk their lives on an hourly basis.

Ok...rant over.

Charlie
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.