No. of Recommendations: 0
> I am considering subscribing to the Michael
> Murphy Technology Letter. Does this man really
> have the intimate inside realationships with
> the Silicon Valley compamies and CEOs that he
> claims in his newsletter ads. Is this letter
> worth the investment?

Hello, eagle1234.

I was also looking for some information on the Murphy newsletter and came across your posting.

Unfortunately it seems that of the two "newsletter ratings" services that Ms. Bayer / TMF Venus mentioned, one of them (www.dickdavis.com/adcorn/high.shtml) is simply another newsletter, and the other (www.hulbertdigest.com) requires a paid subscription before they'll tell you anything about the newsletters they supposedly follow.

So now we not only have newsletters that answer the age-old question (Q: How do I get rich in the stock market? A: Sell people a newsletter telling them how to get rich in the stock market), but we also have a new variation (A: Sell people a newsletter telling them all about other newsletters they bought, telling them how to get rich in the stock market.) :-(

My take on the Murphy newsletter is that I'm always suspicious of people who run websites that don't give you any information at all on how to contact them by e-mail. I have several questions I'd like to ask Mr. Murphy directly, questions he should have NO trouble with at all if he's legit. But there's nothing I can do except write a snail mail letter to Michael Murphy in California, in-care-of some newsletter publishing house in Virginia or Pennsylvania or wherever they are.

I'm also pretty much un-interested in anyone who hypes up their service by starting to tell you something and then stops in mid-sentence with "click here for more" and the link is password protected.

So, I'm probably not going to subscribe until Mr. Murphy becomes a little more open and available.

How about you? Did you give it a try, and how is it going?

Bo
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.