Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
> The way I heard it, EE's weren't even in the loop...

Most EEs I know work in the defense industry (and I used to work for a power company!). Every one of my EE buddies from college works in the defense industry. When I was interviewing out of college, the defense companies only wanted EEs--other engineering disciplines need not apply... If they're not in the loop, why are there so many in that industry and why does the defense industry only seem to hire that particular breed?

> MEs build weapons,

All the MEs I know design pump stations and similar hard targets. I don't know any in the defense industry.

> CEs build targets...

So what you're saying is that, since these are the first targets in a war, what CEs design/build is of the utmost value and importance to society and our quality of life... (gosh, I'm getting a lump in my throat just thinking about how important I am!) :-)

Hey, it's just an old engineering joke...

I'm a EE. I went from defense (17 years) to construction (building power plants).

Software is what defense wants now...Weapons systems electronics designed by EEs get housed by stuff designed by MEs which ultimately CSEs control.

Most of the EEs I know work in telecommunication if they are still in engineering - the rest have changed careers, primarily via CSE masters programs.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.