Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
>(1) Fair enough... although I have not seen nor used >the Clik!, the idea of very small, very portable 40MB >storage sounds cool. As I understand, IOM did another >one of these preannounce-but-don't-deliver things, but >hopefully we'll all get a chance to see Clik! up close >in the next few months.

Ioptics is developing OROM technology (Optical ROM). The card/storage medium is smaller than a flash card and stores up to 128MB of memory. Access time is around 10 milliseconds, the cost estimate is as low as 2 cents per megabyte.
Furthermore, Superdisk is gaining more acceptance (120Mb/1.44Mb drives). Are either of these technologies/products a serious threat to the Zip or Clik?

Personally, I feel that OROM is perfect for replacing bulky CD-Players - without moving parts (motors), it has some advantages: a) shock-free b) less moving parts = less repair/costs.

btw, what kind of a name is z3?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.