Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
>> Beyond that, it looks to me like a run-off between Johnson & Johnson, Dell, Tellabs, Schering Plough, Amgen and -- yeah, I'm throwing it in, Louis Vitton. And I'm also throwing in Pioneer Hi-Bred, because even thought it came in just after the buzzer. . it's a great company <<

Your games, your rules.

After all, I seem to have missed any serious 'nomination post' for BRK.B, but it made it onto two of four CK-manager lists anyway.

For PHB, it is another suprisingly good company that has amazing numbers. Consumer brand ? Well, it is if you are a "Producer" {a phrase I borrow from the noontime "Producers Report" on the Tribune company's WGN}. But some may object to the bending of the rules.
I suggest you keep it in mind for the next 6 month update.... if it hasn't been 'consumed' by Monsanto or DuPont in the meanwhile.

Once again I thank the CK-managers for bringing up the "Pick a CK for the portfolio" game. It has opened my eyes to CK investing and highlighted several "obviously good investments". As I sell of the remnants of "Too Wise to be good" losing ventures into bio-tech, I find myself wishing for more capital so I could invest in more of the old-to-me (CSCO, DELL) and new-to-me (PHB, LVMHY) candidates.

Cheers.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.