No. of Recommendations: 8
>> However; If TA was so black and white as people would believe, why dont we just have a computer program trade for us? <<

Which people here consider TA so simplistic as to be b&w? Most here seem to be struggling w/its complexities. Maybe you've been lurking at another board for months and took a wrong turn this evening?

I see you have 8 recs for your post. Good for you. I know I don't feel warm and fuzzy toward it because I find it condescending as hell.

>> I have people say that news is not tradable. I have to laugh at that. <<

Is that an evil chuckle while you stroke your black pointed goatee in a sinister manner, or more of a head-thrown-back, rip-roaring guffaw kind-of-thing in which you sneer at the infinite folly of all mankind?

And here all along I thought we'd been discussing that trading the market's reaction to news is quite viable.

>> Everyone is still looking for a magic bullet to make them wealthy and want to avoid common sense and reasoning only to rely on a magical program or a Guru. People! Wake up! <<

Ah, the "guru" argument. Someone's dusted off this old chestnut and brought it up again in all it's faded and cliched glory.

When I want to learn about something, I study the Masters, be it the arts or sciences. You yourself say you find E&M a must-read. They didn't invent triangles and double tops and channels and H&S, you know. They (or someone before them or after them) observed market behavior and identified certain phenomena and tried to pin it down into something somewhat quantifiable so it could be used practically in trading. Those of us who use E&M principles aren't trading a guru's methodology, we're taking advantage of human herd behavior as observed by E&M and/or their peers.

Harold
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.