No. of Recommendations: 0
>> I will start to liquidate non-tax sheltered assets for living expenses, but on advice of my CPA, I will start to use my IRA accounts, at least liquidate them to convert to Roth IRA's. She says until age 71½ we will be in a "tax holiday" and we should reduce our conventional IRA's and 401K's as much as we can without tilting the tax scale too heavily. I would appreciate the thoughts of this august group, as well. <<

Ah. So what are you doing, then -- withdrawing as much as you can from these accounts (or recharacterizing portions into a Roth) as long as you have room in a lower tax bracket to do so? If that's what you're doing, it makes sense to me.

Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.