Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
>> it seems fairly rare that they give sell advice unless a
>> company is really dropping off the deep end like Lukin.

And yet, even in the case of Luckin, I still haven't seen a specific "Sell Luckin" advisory like I have seen with a tiny number of others e.g. Nucor. (I was a bit disappointed to see that. I still have a video clip of that 60 Minutes spot from many years ago with Dan DiMicco, Nucor CEO. But, I digress...)

It does seem like at TMF, a "sell" advisory is looked on as a major failure, an admission that "we were totally, completely, egg-on-our-face wrong on this one", something to be avoided if at all possible, and something that never happens until long after the horse has left the barn.

Eric (no position on any stock mentioned here)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.