Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
>> I've personally never heard of them except on this board. <<

I think as Tom G. says, CSCO is a gimme for the final 5, but some will still question it as a brand-name consumer product.

But for everybody in the network biz, Cisco and Router (the thing that connects your local stuff to the rest of the world) are synonomous.

I am not 'in the biz', but thanks to working with collaborators around the world, I'm a heavy enough user/abuser of network resources that I find myself on various network/computing-resources committees.

I swear that I have been to meetings where in discussions of the architecture of our network, the gurus who make the purchasing decisions have pointed to a block on the diagram (labelled "router") and said "then it passes to the Cisco and...". For those of you looking for Mindshare like asking for a Band-Aid or a Kleenex (instead of a adhesive bandage or facial tissue), Ciscso is there already.

As with all technology this position could be attacked, but no risk - no reward.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.