Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
>> The daughter of a friend worked as a barista at the Space Needle while she was in school. After a while, she became really conscious of her role as a drug pusher to caffeine addicts, as she characterized it.

I imagine that you are motivated to do this job for social reasons, but I wonder if you might not wind up seeing the job in the same way as this girl after being exposed to it for a while.

I'm not trying to discourage you from doing it, just curious about how it might work out after a while.
<<

Maybe. But the beauty of financial independence is that if the job sucks, you don't have to stick with it. They don't have the golden handcuffs on you. It certainly makes it easier to take a job to see what it's like when you know you don't NEED the job.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.