Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
>>After reading the posts, probably think about something cheaper - like a Honda S2000. Figure if I hang onto it for fifteen years - may only depreciate $1000/year - pretty cheap entertainment - but I'll think of it as consumption, NOT as an investment.

That's one car buying decision you will not regret. I've had a red S2000 as my daily driver for the past 3 years and it's still an absolute blast to drive. I have yet to find anything this side of a 911 that I would rather own (though the M3 comes close). I've heard people speculate that the intrinsic long-term value for this car will be near $15k (presuming it remains in good shape). If you can find a clean used one in the mid 20s, depreciation would be pretty inexpensive over the long term. BTW, I recommend a pre-2004 model for the screaming 9000rpm engine.

If you're really thinking of getting one, pop in at www.s2ki.com and say hello!
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.