Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
>>Anyway, I'm not sure about all these fees you've ascribed to B&M banks... I have a "MyAccess" account with Bank of America, which though fee-happy is my bank of choice because their ATMs are so common in California and I like not paying ATM fees. With direct deposit, this account provides free online bill paying, no ATM-related fees (as long as you use their ATMs, otherwise it's pretty steep), and no monthly fee either.<<

Azotic: BofA's MyAccess account is a VERY attractive deal, particularly in California where they waive the usual $5.95/month Online Bill Pay fee. In other states, Bill Pay is an extra $5.95. Still, the MyAccess account remains very attractive for a B&M product, and a customer who doesn't have payroll direct deposit could link MyAccess to ING Direct or USAA and by making a monthly transfer into MyAccess from those accounts would be considered as having a direct deposit.

I do agree with you that in states like California and Washington where BofA has a LOT of BofA-branded ATMs, it can be a very convenient bank and can be very inexpensive if you understand the fee structure.

In some states BofA a waived-monthly-fee Advantage (aka "FirstChoice Gold" or "Prima") account to customers who have qualifying balances on a car loan, home equity loan, or line of credit, or ANY balance on a home loan.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.