Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
>>>>For the benefit of someone not currently in a DRIP program but thinking quite seriously about it, could someone please enumerate for me the "administrative" headaches involved? Do these simply arise from having to track multiple purchases over time at multiple different share prices (i.e. for tax purposes upon redemption) or are there other factors?<<<<

I responded in my previous post regarding the paperwork issue, but one other cool thing about DRiPs that I wanted to mention is that they offer another dimension to saving. Aside from the conventional "Pay yourself first" or "10% Rule", you can send money to the DRiP everytime money usually spent isn't. I realize you can do this with money markets, et cetera, but it's not as fun or inviting.

Usually go out on Fridays and spend fifty bucks, but this Friday you didn't because you were sick--send fifty to the DRiP. This week you were away on business and lunch was on the boss--send it in!

Ok, enough. I'll go over to the CK Strategy Board.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.