Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
>>>>I was not saying that the "only" way to write is my own scattered version. I was bizarrely curious and confused by the OP's interest in non-job-related writing. I read it 3 times before posting and I read it again before writing this reply.

Liss: When I read your post it came across to me as "how can you even consider youself to be a potential fiction writer if you don't continually have story ideas and dialog dripping out of every orifice". That seemed a bit harsh to me.

That's the problem with written communications (without emoticons, especially). It's easy to misunderstand the intent of the writer.... You thought he/she was trying to pad a resume, while I took it as a statement that he/she was trying to branch out. Then you took my post as a criticism of your writing methods, when I was merely trying to point out that the muse doesn't come to everyone in the same way.... <g>

Technical writing can be a fulfilling career, but it doesn't offer the same possibilities for having fun that fiction writing does. As such, it offers a nice alternative outlet for creative release.

Mark. (A born-again tech writer.)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.