No. of Recommendations: 0
>>>>So assuming you want to retire in 2003 at age 55, convert
say $10K a year in 1998-2002. In 2003 you can make annuatized withdrawals of $20K a year and suppliment that by withdrawing your $10K of contributions from the ROTHS each year.<<<<<<<

I believe what you are saying here is that if option #1 of the IRS-approved early withdrawal method yields only $20k to me, but I need $30k, then I could make up the difference by withdrawing Roth contribution money. Questions:

1) I assume, like you, that one will be able to roll traditional IRA money into a Roth for years to come... has anyone seen anything to contradict this?

2) After a rollover, does one have to wait 5 years to withdraw the rollover "contribution," or is it immediately available?


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.