Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
>>I can't bear to watch these techo stock floats soaring without having a flutter myself.<<

It is gambling and to this end one should only be prepared to 'gamble' on what they can afford to loose!

>>Whilst I believe the techo balloon has to burst, by getting in and out quickly there appears be be opportunity in the market<<

By taking an IPO how are you getting in and out quickly? If (and I say if) a crash occurs then your money is tied up pending the actual float. It you wanted to be a day trader then that is different.

>>What do other fools think of the current fad?<<

Mania's come in all shapes and sizes from Tulips through to bubble.com. It is when leasts expect the bubble to burst, through complacency, the bubble does burst and all that is left is worthless papers where there was once riches!

>>How long will it last?<<

In one mania the prime company involved actually repaid all of Englands debt. The question is whether we have reached that pinnacle as yet? If Microsofts fortunes are analysed can the repay america's debt? I doubt it! This euphoria in regard to hi-tech stocks will last about as long as it takes for humans to wake up to themselves and realise that the computer cannot replace the car!

>>Any other float suggestions?<<

Yea ... a submersible one so I can cure the hangover blues!

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.