Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
>>I wonder if that means that I should take less/no glipizide before supper on nights when I plan yard work?<<

Ted--

Without trying to be cute....you need to 'play' with it (i.e, experiment on yourself WITH INCREASED MONITORING for the 'experiment') and find out how you react in each situation. By that I mean: you not only need to find out if that exact sequence 'works' as you think it might; but also, what happens if you Don't get the 'as planned' yardwork in after you've eaten a 'normal'
supper for you.
That's the one 'good' thing about being diabetic (actually, there can be a
couple of good things, if it's handled right): we don't have to 'guess' at what such-and-such sequence of events might due to us; we can actually try each sequence, and then do a test, and get a real answer that we can then use from then on.

If Glipizide is 'all' you're on, too, remember..you (almost) certainly are a candidate who can..if he really wanted to.... get it all done with diet and exercise alone. (Which is healthier, too, by the way; all oral diabetic meds..and injected insulin too, for that matter...have side effects). I didn't think I could...but I've been diet-and-exercise only now for 13 months (after Amaryl/glimepiride pills for 5 years), and my percentages continue to be better than ever were on the pills. (On the pills, I probably averaged 5.7% over five years; off of them, I've been between 4.5% and 5.3%). I've lost 103 pounds (so far), and am healthier than I was six or more years ago, also. (Of course, without the pills, the losing weight and maintaining control go hand in hand! Didn't really have a choice).

JP
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.