Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
>>Only getting in relationships with people who share our LBOM goals. Life is to short to be hooked up with someone you have to always argue with about money issues. <<

Yeah, that's true, in an ideal world. BUt people change, or you never show your true self in the "dating" or the "honeymoon" stage.

When DH and I got married 9 yrs ago, money wasn't an issue. We were really in tuned (but then we had no kids). We were able to save and have our toys, too. But then in college, the fun was eating McDonalds and buying beer. The bills were minimal then.

Kids came, house came, etc... Its hard to adjust for some people, but I did long ago. Especially when I realized with a newborn you spend $38 dollars on pampers for a week and half. (I still have those first receipts).

Now, I need him to adjust. We can't be impulsive like we were. Maybe, i was never as impulsive as my DH. Oh well, I need advice to the problem at hand.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.