Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
>>Scrim1 the only problem for Rambus going forward is if they lose the lawsuit, the value chain has formed, product ramp up is 1 qtr behind the figures and should show on the next report.<<

How is that a problem if they lose the lawsuit? The lawsuit is about Hitachi using Rambus IP or technologies in Hitchi's SDRAM and other Hitachi products (like the processor in the Sega DreamCast)

If RMBS wins Hitachi has to pay royalties. If Rambus loses, then nothing happens and it stays the same as it is today.

>>Gemstar looks like a sure thing and I'm long GMST but the upside to Rambus looks higher, I'm also very long RMBS and trying to add as much as I can<<

GMST is a safer bet than Rambus IMHO. Putting too much of your portfolio in rambus is a risk i'm not willing to take.

>>So your only real decision is this-will they win/yes upside tremendous or do they lose/IP negated, relagated to a niche player.<<

Hmm..that's my decision. That's quite a bit of risk your willing to take. If they win the case, i'm a millionaire. If they lose the case, i lose all my money?

I rather put my money in Gemstar where i know the fundamentals are strong. Rambus has too many unknowns. Sure, Gemstar has some risks, but Gemstar's risks are much smaller than most companies.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.