No. of Recommendations: 4
>>The U.S. economy rocketed ahead at its fastest pace in more than 19 years in the third quarter of 2003 as consumers, their wallets fattened by tax cuts, went on a buying spree, an unexpectedly strong government report showed on Thursday"<<

If you break the numbers down, this gain was largely due to a 6.6 percent increase in consumer spending. That said, we said we need to consider what spawned this increase. We have:

1. Tax Cuts
2. Mortgage Refi's
3. Increasing Credit Card debt to to high level of optimism.

How likley are numbers 1 and 2 to be repeated? I'm being realistic. Sorry if that makes me a non believer. For me to be a believer I need to see a few things.

1. Job growth
2. Shrinking consumer debt as compared to income.
3. Shrinking National Deficit.

These are just 3 of the main concerns. Lets see what happens when the next GDP report is released.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.