Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
>I've installed the JavaScript Channel code into one of my web pages but I'm getting:

>Sorry! Your browser is unable to retrieve JavaScript channels. // -->

>I'm using IE5 ...

The headlines should work fine in IE5; they should work fine in generation 3.0 browsers and above.

Check this: make sure there are no extraneous linebreaks in the JavaScript code. It should look like this:
<style>
<!--
.channel {}
.channel_title {font-size:12pt;font-weight:bold;font-family:Arial,Helvetica;text-decoration:none;color:#000000}
.channel_item {font-size:10pt;font-family:Arial,Helvetica;text-decoration:none}
-->
</style>
<script language="JavaScript1.1" src="http://www.fool.com/about/headlines/js_headlines.asp"></script>
<script language="JavaScript1.1">
<!--
// User-configurable variables for HTML formatting of the channel
var channel_begin = '<TABLE CELLPADDING="2" CELLSPACING="0" BORDER="0" BGCOLOR="#cccc99"><TR><TD>';
var title_begin = '<font color="#000000"> ';
var title_end = '</font><br><TABLE CELLPADDING=5 CELLSPACING=0 BORDER=0 WIDTH=100% BGCOLOR=white><TR><TD>';
var item_begin = '• ';
var item_end = '<br>';
var channel_end = '</td></tr></table></td></tr></table>';
var show_logos = true;
var logo_begin = ';
var logo_end = ';
var logo_attributes = 'align="right" border="0"';

// Error message for unsupported browsers.
if(!(window.channels)) { document.write('Sorry! Your browser is unable to retrieve JavaScript channels.') }
// -->
</script>
<script language="JavaScript1.1" src="http://www.fool.com/about/headlines/channel_renderer.js"></script>
<noscript>
Sorry! Your browser is unable to retrieve JavaScript channels.
</noscript>

Some people have had problems with the long lines wrapping when they paste them into the HTML page. Unfortunately, linebreaks in the wrong places will cause errors in the JavaScript.

If this doesn't help, please post the URL in question so I can check it out and look for other problems.

HTH!

Mark Kennedy, Fool
TMFConch

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.