No. of Recommendations: 0
>My question is, to make a long story
> short (too late!), where can I find out if those >contributions several years ago were deducted?
> Whether or not they were impacts how much money in >taxes I pay for the next 4 years re. the Roth
> conversion. I really don't want to have to contact my >ex-husband to find this out and I don't have
> copies of the returns we filed jointly. Thank you & >sorry for so long a question.

You can obtain copies of your old returns from the IRS. Last I heard the fee was $14, but I'm not sure of it, and it may have gone up.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.