Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 7
GTT is not really a timing system. It's an UN-TIMING system!
Un-Timing! That’s about as illogical as it gets. It is absolutely a timing system based on changes in
unemployment.
There are many bases for timing systems out there and as anyone that has been tracking them for
several decades realizes the vast majority haven’t held up post discovery. I fail to see where GTT
fundamentally different from any the ones you and other members of the board (including myself)
have been enamored with in the past. This includes Timing Cube, Decision Moose, The Wave, Mojena
and too many others to mention.

GTT has significantly more logic behind it than most but it has done significantly worse than most post
discovery.

If we as individuals invest we have to make individual choices as to whether to use timing or not and
If using timing which method seems most likely to work in the future. You and Ray have evidently
chosen GTT, I am currently sticking with a version of GPM.

GPM 1973 to Present
CAGR 12.8% Sharpe 1.01, MaxDrawdown -9.9% UPI 3.41

GTT 1970 to Present
CAGR 12.5%, Sharpe 0.6, MaxDrawdown -25.5%, UPI 1.26

You will have to figure out how to implement it at GTR1
Yes here it is:
http://gtr1.net/2013/?~Protective%20Asset%20Allocation%20Fuz...

RAM
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.